BEST is DEEP TISSUE
FOR THE DEEPEST ACHES
Deep Tissue Massage is a combination of beneficial techniques working at a deeper muscular level. It’s used for chronic aches and pain and tight areas such as stiff upper back and neck, leg muscle tightness, low back pain, and sore shoulders.
WHAT IS DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE?
Deep tissue massage is intended to relieve pain and muscle tension throughout the body. This type of massage therapy is extremely beneficial because it reaches the deepest layer of muscles, fascia (connective tissue surrounding the joints) and tendons. The goal is to break down tense areas within the muscle. Adhesions (tense areas within the muscle) in the muscle are very important to take care of because they cause pain and inflammation, and limit motion of the muscles and joints.
Anyone deep tissue therapy to recover from an injury or chronic pain condition can also see other benefits to a deep tissue massage from a professional massage therapist, including:
- Reliefs lower back pain
- Help with limited mobility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls)
- Helps recovery from repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Improves sciatica symptoms
- Helps with postural problems
- Releases muscle tension in the hamstrings, glutes, IT band, upper back, legs, quadriceps, rhomboids,
- Helps with upper back pain